Park Management Services
Parques Reunidos offers developers a wide range of valuable services through all the various phases of greenfield projects aimed at building new leisure parks.
Management contracts represent an asset-light growth opportunity for us on the back of the increasing trend for the new development of greenfield projects, particularly in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
There are a very limited number of operators worldwide with our skills for running leisure parks profitably. We are the only operator that has demonstrated its ability to operate all types of parks — attraction, water, animal and other attractions, branded and non-branded — across different regions at high margins, giving us a strategic advantage, due to our ability to operate parks under any brand and whilst maintaining the local qualities and traditions of a park.
We are currently in discussions regarding a number of opportunities expected to come to the market in the next two years, and we will continue to identify further opportunities which meet our relevant geographical, operational and economic criteria, including generally having a minimum duration of 10 years.
We seek to advise on the design, development and construction phases of a park with the aim of signing a long-term management contract for the operation of the park.
- Preliminary Phase
- Procurement of rides and animal management
- Evaluation of the project and overall concept of the park
- Content of the park proposal
- Preparation of a Park Briefing and coordination of a tender process to select feasibility, design and cost estimating firms
- Selection of feasibility, design and cost estimating firms in conjunction with investor
- Coordination with the design firm to create a preliminary concept design
- Evaluation of IP to be used
- Presentation of final reports to developers with results of the feasibility study and proposal for the concept design
- Review of the schematic design of the park from an operational and safety perspective, including layout, list of attractions, services and parking, etc.
- Definition of park entrance facilities
- Definition of Back of House facilities
- Ride capacity analysis
- Definition of F&B and retail facilities
- List of equipment needed to open the park
- Consulting for final approval of the park design
- Review of the Business Plan
- Technical definition of the attractions and shows
- Pre-selection of attraction vendors
- Preparation of contract models
- Negotiation of ride contracts
- Supervision and control of the manufacturing process and delivery time
- Drafting of the operations manuals for the attractions
- Support on installation of the attractions
- Proposal for certification companies and supervision of certification processes
- Definition of the animal collection, including species and individual animals
- Sourcing of the animal collection from locations around the world, in conjunction with the owner
- Negotiations for and animal collection management on behalf of the owner (joint decision)
- Support on animal transportation on behalf of the owner (joint decision)
- Advice to the owner regarding the process of obtaining the necessary documentation and licenses in accordance with international rules and practices
- Support to owner in joining the main international animal associations
- Staffing plan for the Park
- Coordination of the recruitment process for the park’s management team
- Training of the management team, with specific training at one of Parques Reunidos’ parks
- Support for the management team in negotiating contracts with suppliers of the goods and services needed to run the park
- Drafting of operational standards and full set of manuals and policies, in line with Parques Reunidos’ procedures
- Supervision of the Marketing and Sales Plan for the park opening
- Supervision of all work needed to open the park across every area and department
The park will then be integrated into the Parques Reunidos operational structure, and will be managed by Parques Reunidos with the same levels of quality, reporting, efficiency and control as any other park in our portfolio.
As such, the park will benefit from the Parques Reunidos Group’s purchasing power and business model, with access to the best practices of the Group in all areas and to the best prices in the market for its expenditure and investments.
We achieve the highest margins in the industry worldwide, as proven by the results we obtain through the management of our current portfolio across all segments, regions and types of parks.
Bollywood Parkstm Dubai
Dragon and Typhoon (Vietnam )
Motiongatetm Dubai will be located on approximately 1.9 million square feet of land with a total planned expansion of four million square feet, and will have 5 themed zones containing 27 attractions including multimedia, 3D and 4D motion simulators, rollercoasters and a drop tower, as well as child oriented attractions. It will be themed around 13 of Hollywood’s most memorable film franchises from DreamWorks Animation Studios, Sony Pictures Studios and Lionsgate, including Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train your Dragon, Ghostbusters and The Hunger Games. The park is expected to achieve total visitors of more than 3 million in 2017 and will have a wide demographic target including families, youth groups, couples and thrill seekers.
Visitors to Motiongatetm Dubai will enter through Studio Central, themed as the executive offices of a working movie studio, where they will be taken back in time to the golden age of Hollywood glamour and the birth of the silver screen. In this area visitors will find a variety of entertainments and meets and greets with the characters, as well as the main department store and a variety of other retail and food and beverage outlets. Studio Central leads to Motiongatetm Dubai’s main hub, from which visitors will be able to access the other 4 areas: Sony Pictures Studios, Smurf Village, DreamWorks and Lionsgate.
Reflecting local climatic conditions, 21 of the 27 attractions will be indoor and air conditioned. Motiongatetm Dubai is expected to attract families and visitors of all ages, both residents from within the UAE and leisure tourists. It is designed to provide a variety of enticing experiences for visitors of all ages through its architecture, choice of restaurants, retail offering and a wide array of rides, attractions and other entertainment inspired by Hollywood movies. (Source: Dubai Parks and Resorts)
Bollywood Parkstm Dubai
Bollywood Parks Dubai is a theme park based on the rich film heritage of Bollywood, India’s mainstream Hindi language film industry in Mumbai. It will be located on approximately 2.1 million square feet of land, of which 1.7 million square feet will be in use by opening day and will have five themed zones containing 16 rides and attractions, as well as the region’s first Broadway-style Bollywood Musical hosted in the stunning 60,000 square foot Rajmahal Theatre. It will be themed around major Bollywood films, including Rock On!!, Don, Dabangg, Lagaan, Sholay, Mughal-e-Azam, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, RA.One and Krrish. The park is expected to achieve total visitors of more than 1.5 million in 2017 and will be targeted at families, youth groups, couples and active seniors and is in particular expected to appeal to the Central Asian population.
Visitors to Bollywood Parks Dubai will enter onto Bollywood Boulevard, the first themed zone, which will feature a mix of restaurants, cafes and street-styled food carts, retail outlets and carts and live entertainment. The key attraction in Bollywood Boulevard will be the Rock On!! Restaurant, which will feature a live band during the day that celebrates the band from the movie – Magik. The restaurant will offer a good mix of Indian and International cuisine and, in the evening, transform into a lively night spot catering to park visitors, party goers and socialites. From Bollywood Boulevard, visitors will be able to access the other four zones, that make up Bollywood Parks Dubai – Mumbai Chowk, Rustic Ravine, Royal Plaza and Bollywood Film Studios featuring Hall of Heroes.
Bollywood Parks Dubai is expected to attract families and visitors of all ages, both residents from within the UAE and leisure tourists, particularly those from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and the Indian subcontinent. Reflecting local climate conditions, 9 out of the 16 attractions in Bollywood Parks Dubai will be indoor and air conditioned.
Bollywood Parks Dubai is designed to provide a variety of enticing experiences for visitors of all ages through its architecture, choice of restaurants, retail offering and a wide array of rides, attractions, shows and dances inspired by Bollywood films. (Source: Dubai Parks and Resorts)
Parques Reunidos has signed an agreement with a China-based developer to advise on Park concept definition and feasibility studies for the opening of new resorts in the main Chinese cities.
Parques Reunidos will be the operator of the resorts when they open.
Dragon and Typhoon (Vietnam )
Parques Reunidos has signed an agreement with a Vietnam-based developer to advise on the design and the pre-opening of two new parks: Dragon Park, a theme Park, and Thyphoon, a water park in Ha Long Bay. Dragon Park has recently opened and Typhoon is scheduled to open in the next few months. Both are expected to receive more than 2 million visitors annually.
Parques Reunidos is already providing advisory services to the developers during the project development and pre-opening phases.
The Oceanogràfic of the City of Arts and Sciences of Valencia (Spain) is the largest aquarium in Europe and contains specimens from all of the world’s main marine ecosystems.
Each of the various buildings of the aquarium is dedicated to one of the following aquatic environments: the Mediterranean, Wetlands, Temperate and Tropical Seas, Oceans, the Antarctic, the Arctic, Islands and the Red Sea. It also has a Dolphinarium with 24 million liters of water and a depth of 10.5 meters.
The Oceanogràfic’s architecture and animal collection make it a world-class park. Since opening its doors in 2003 and thanks to Parques Reunidos’ management, the park has enjoyed great success, receiving 1.1 million visitors annually.
Paramount Park will be located in Alhama de Murcia (Spain) and is scheduled to open in 2017. The project will offer a comprehensive range of entertainment and leisure attractions based on a combination of a Paramount Theme Park and a leisure complex known as the Lifestyle Center.
The combination of a highly attractive design and attractions boasting cutting-edge technology will allow for an impressive level of interaction, providing visitors with incredible film experiences.
An estimated attendance of 2.7 million visitors per year is expected initially.
PARQUES REUNIDOS SERVICIOS CENTRALES S.A.
Paseo de la Castellana, 216. 16th floor
Phone: +34 91 526 97 00